One of our family’s favorite meals is taco salad. Using grass fed hamburger meat and home made taco seasoning, this is a delicious and healthy dinner or lunch. It is also fairly quick to make, so works well after a day at work when time is limited or whenever an easy, delicious and nutritious meal is desired. Check out Grass Fed Meat to learn more about the many health benefits of this nutritious food.
- one pound grass fed ground beef
- organic romaine or other lettuce
- favorite salsa
- organic GMO free chips
- guacamole (store bought or home made). See 2 Minute Home Made Guacamole for an easy, quick recipe.
- chopped onions (optional)
- taco seasoning: 1-3 tsp. minced onions or onion powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1 tsp. sea salt, 1-3 minced fresh garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp ground cumin. This is a basic recipe that can be adjusted to taste.
- On stove top in stainless steel pan brown 1 pound ground beef.
- When meat is cooked, add seasonings and 1/4 cup filtered water and simmer together for several minutes, stirring as needed.
- Tear lettuce
- Make guacamole or use store bought.
- Open up salsa and chips
- Enjoy!! 🙂