Mint chocolate chip ice cream is a favorite dessert in our house and super easy to make. Using an ice cream maker, one simply mixes the ingredients, pours them into the maker and in 30 minutes delicious home made ice cream is ready to enjoy. It can be fun to make with guests present, so they can witness the ice cream in the making. With high quality ingredients, this dessert can provide many added nutrients, including vitamins A, D and K2 from the cream.
- 4 cups raw organic, pastured whole cream (if not available, then high quality pastured/grass fed pasteurized whole cream)
- 2 cups raw whole milk
- 1/2 cup organic grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp organic peppermint extract
- 1 cup organic chocolate chips ( I use GMO free Enjoy Life brand and chop some in the food processor)
- 2 egg yolks (optional, for added nutrition)
- Mix cream, milk, maple syrup, honey, vanilla and extracts in large bowl or measuring cup
- Add to ice cream maker. (I use Cuisinarts’ 2 quart electric ice cream maker and have been extremely satisfied.)
- After 25 minutes add chocolate chips to mixture and mix additional 5 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream out and store in glass container in freezer or eat immediately for a soft serve consistency.
- Note: To make traditional vanilla chocolate chip ice cream, simply add one tbsp of vanilla extract and omit the peppermint extract.
Written by Michelle, Holistic Health to Go